Monday, February 16, 2009

The award

yes, i've heard you
but always with assistants
could it just be enough
could it just be Alone?

you said it tonight
followed by a screaming crowd
please, just let it stand
it's so strong, so real when it's Alone

won't ask again
a silent resolution
for me.
for me Alone.

i said as clearly as i could
even said the very words
hope you didn't listen
if nothing changed...
it's better that you didn't hear

i've heard you say it
i've only ever heard it said
then followed with assistants
i wish it were left Alone

wouldn't re-word
not further explain
just leave a silence
so i don't question if you heard

have you listened to my life?
glanced at any activity or action?
bustling in requests of approval

a grin just slapped me
a little more free
wasted so much in waiting
to see
to really believe

for it to be Alone
no more assistants,
the sentence full of only words

tried to really listen
and fell asleep to many voices
awarding me the words
followed by no assistants
which made me absolutely believe

now...
i'm doing it for me.

Alone.

No comments: